Verwachte voorraad datum
maandag 7 september 2020
TS2900 - 1 x LTO 7
Lenovo TS2900, 9000 GB, 22500 GB, Serial Attached SCSI (SAS), LTO-7,LTO-7HH, 2.5:1, 300 MB/s; 750 MB/s
IBM TS2900 Tape Autoloader for Lenovo is an entry-level compact 1U tape unit that offers IBM tape reliability, density, and performance for entry-level and compact tape libraries at a cost effective price.
This product guide provides essential pre-sales information on the TS2900 Tape Autoloader that is available from Lenovo, its key features and specifications, components and options, and configuration guidelines.
This guide is intended for technical specialists, sales specialists, sales engineers, and IT architects who want to learn more about the TS2900 Tape Autoloader and consider its use in IT solutions.
Change History Changes in the January 15 update:
Added LTO Ultrium 7 M8 Uninitialized Data Cartridges 5-Pack
Updated LTO Ultrium 8 tape media availability
Introduction IBM TS2900 Tape Autoloader for Lenovo (Machine Type 6171) is an entry-level compact 1U tape unit that offers IBM tape reliability, density, and performance for entry-level and compact tape libraries at a cost-effective price.
With a capacity of nine cartridges, the TS2900 Tape Autoloader is a rack-mountable or deskside unit that contains a single IBM LTO Ultrium half-high SAS tape drive. The choice of the tape drives includes IBM LTO Ultrium 8 Half-High SAS Tape Drive (Model S8H), IBM LTO Ultrium 7 Half-High SAS Tape Drive (Model S7H), IBM LTO Ultrium 6 Half-High SAS Tape Drive (Model S6H), or IBM LTO Ultrium 5 Half-High SAS Tape Drive (Model S5H).
The TS2900 is an ideal solution if you need an entry-level larger capacity or higher performance tape backup with or without random access. The TS2900 is an excellent choice for tape automation for Lenovo servers.
The TS2900 Tape Autoloader is shown in the following figure.
Did you know? The TS2900 Tape Autoloader uses patented high-density slot technology that allows you to maximize available backup storage capacity by offering the nine-cartridge magazine in only 1U of rack space.
Featuring the latest LTO Ultrium 8 technology, the TS2900 Tape Autoloader provides up to 270 TB of 2.5:1 compressed backup storage capacity.
With IBM LTO Tape offerings that are available from Lenovo, Lenovo can be your trusted partner that offers "one stop shop" and single point of contact for delivery of leading edge technologies and innovations from Lenovo and other leading IT vendors. These offerings can satisfy the wide range of your end-to-end IT infrastructure needs, including handheld devices, notebooks, personal computers, servers, storage, networking, services, management software, and financing.
- An entry-level and compact tape library for high capacity, high performance, and high reliability
- Adherence to LTO specifications
- Support for one half-high LTO Ultrium 8, Ultrium 7, Ultrium 6, Ultrium 5, or Ultrium 6 SAS tape drive
- Native cartridge capacity of up to 12 TB (Ultrium 8), 9 TB (Ultrium 7 initialized LTO 8 Type M), 6 TB (Ultrium 7), up to 2.5 TB (Ultrium 6), or up to 1.5 TB (Ultrium 5)
- Native data transfer rate of up to 300 MB/s (Ultrium 8 or Ultrium 7), up to 160 MB/s (Ultrium 6), or up to 140 MB/s (Ultrium 5)
- One removable magazine that houses nine data cartridges (including one I/O station) to enable quick population of the tape library and ease the storage needs for media
- A single I/O station to help support continuous library operations, while importing and exporting media with little or no disruption to library operation
- A standard bar code reader with which you can operate the TS2900 in sequential (autoloader) or random (library) access mode
- Mixed media support, including IBM LTO Ultrium 8, 7, 6, and 5 Write Once Read Many (WORM) media
- Remote management capabilities to allow for administration of the TS2900 through a web interface
- Optional Library Managed Encryption on LTO Ultrium 8, 7, 6, and 5 SAS tape drives with a Transparent LTO Encryption feature
- Optional rack-mount kits, deskside covers, and extra cartridge magazines
- A 6 Gbps SAS attachment for connection to select Lenovo servers that run Microsoft Windows and Linux server operating systems
- Support from an extensive ecosystem of backup software vendors